As part of the edge software team, you will contribute to the development of our edge software framework, which is crucial to enable running models in nearly real time on the customer's manufacturing site. Your code will be responsible to connect all the dots: from image acquisition via our industrial cams, integrating cutting-edge machine-learning techniques into low-latency edge environments, providing industry-standard interfaces for full automation to implementing UI components for our touchscreen interface, and communicating with our cloud infrastructure. You will be working closely not only with your software engineering but also with machine learning and hardware engineering peers.
- Fully own your components: specify, build, test, deploy, maintain and support your code
- Leverage modern tools and techniques to develop clean, efficient and reusable code
- Implement highly optimized and resilient edge software
- Work collaboratively and on eye-level with other colleagues from the software engineering and machine learning teams and incorporate their feedback
- University degree in computer science or related technical field, or equivalent practical experience
- Highly skilled in software development with one or more programming languages suitable for edge computing (e.g. Python, Go, C++, Rust)
- Development experience with Linux environments (esp. Ubuntu) and Git
- Interest and ability to learn other coding languages and technologies as needed
- Experience in full software development and release lifecycle - from gathering technical requirements to post-deployment monitoring and debugging
- Ability to clearly formulate problems, approaches to solutions and results to other team members
- Strong communication skills in both spoken and written English
- Fulltime industry experience developing edge-related software and having worked in enterprise- or startup-companies (strongly preferred)
- Experience in building highly resilient and near real-time automation applications
- Experience with developing software products for edge device platforms, e.g. Nvidia Jetson Platform
- Experience with edge network protocols like OPC-UA, MQTT or ModbusTCP
- Experience with UI-Frameworks like PyQT/QML
- Experience in edge technologies like Inter-process communication, SQLite or other edge databases, Systemd, and low-level networking (TCP/UDP)
- Basic knowledge or a keen interest in learning about machine learning frameworks like PyTorch, TensorRT, ONNX and CUDA
You will mainly work with Python, PyQT/QML and (Ubuntu) Linux, so experience in at least one of these areas is highly appreciated.
Note that preferred qualifications are just that: preferred. None of us started out with all boxes ticked. If some of these points apply to you, we definitely want to talk.
We work in flat hierarchies, value direct communication, learn a lot as a team and make important decisions together. At Maddox AI you can expect the following benefits:
- Independent work on projects in the field of artificial intelligence / Industry 4.0
- Flat hierarchies, a growth perspective and very good development opportunities
- A dynamic and motivated team with great colleagues (with experience from BCG, IBM, SAP, Cyber Valley, etc.)
- A competitive fixed salary, 30 vacation days and the opportunity to participate in the company's development through virtual shares (VSOP)
- Regular team events
To learn more about why you should work with us, go to: https://www.maddox.ai/en/why-work-with-us/
Our product, Maddox AI, is an AI-based visual quality control solution, which can automate manually performed quality inspection for manufacturing companies. Maddox AI is an asset-light SaaS solution, which addresses those visual inspection tasks that are still performed manually, as conventional (=rule-based) computer vision methods fail. In product development, we closely collaborate with leading AI researchers from the Cyber Valley. Prof. Dr. Matthias Bethge, Prof. Dr. Alexander Ecker and Dr. Wieland Brendel have been researching in the field of machine learning and computer vision for years and are part of our founding team.
Maddox AI is used by DAX-30 companies as well as by large medium-sized enterprises. Our team consists of scientists, former strategy consultants, mechanical engineers, and software developers. We know that Maddox AI's success is only made possible by our unique team. As we continue to grow, we want to convince the best and brightest minds of our mission to establish Maddox as the modern quality management platform.